Release super for drug treatment

By Robert Rushford, Release My Super 1300 090 261

Substance Abuse is out of control.

If you or someone you know has a problem with drugs or alcohol, then drug and alcohol rehabilitation can be accessed by releasing superannuation savings.

What is drug and alcohol rehabilitation?

Drug and alcohol rehabilitation helps people improve the way they live their lives by helping them get off or reduce their use of drugs and alcohol.

Drug and alcohol rehabilitation services provide treatment and support. These services are sometimes called ‘rehab’ services.

State and territory governments fund many of these services. The Australian Government funds some too. Many are run by non-government organisations and charities.

There are also private drug and alcohol treatment options that can provide treatment quickly.

Types of rehabilitation programs

Rehabilitation programs usually take place in community-based treatment centers or residential rehabilitation services.

Residential rehabilitation services allow you to stay in a special clinic for several months or weeks.

Treatment approaches for drug and alcohol addiction

If you have a severe problem with drugs or alcohol, you might need hospital treatment. You might also need to do a detoxification program to get rid of drugs and alcohol in your body.

Rehabilitation can involve counselling to help you change your behaviour. You might also be prescribed medicine. If you have a drug or alcohol problem and a mental illness, you will need help with both at the same time.

Drug Treatment in Australia

Counselling Online offers 24-hour free drug and alcohol counselling. Family Drug Support Australia offers 24-hour support to families and friends of drug and alcohol users. Call 1300 368 186.

Search for a drug and alcohol service through services directory, or the Alcohol and Drug Foundation website.

If you need help with alcohol addiction, call Alcoholics Anonymous on 1300 222 222

Contact a 24-hour Alcohol and Drug Information Services (ADIS) in your State:

  • Australian Capital Territory – (02) 6207 9977
  • New South Wales – 1800 422 599 (Regional and rural NSW Freecall), (02) 9361 8000 (Metropolitan)
  • Northern Territory – 1800 131 350
  • Queensland – 1800 177 833 (Freecall)
  • South Australia – 1300 13 1340
  • Tasmania – 1800 250 015 (Freecall)
  • Victoria 1800 888 236 – (DirectLine)
  • Western Australia – 1800 198 024 (Regional), (08) 9442 5000 (Metropolitan)

Drug and alcohol rehabilitation costs

Costs vary. Some treatments are free. Some government-funded community-based and residential rehabilitation centers ask for a co-payment.

Talk to your doctor about Medicare rebates. Depending on your cover, some private health insurance companies offer rebates.

Release My Super for Drug Treatment

Lifeline and DrugInfo have information on drugs and alcohol. ReachOut and headspace have information on drugs and alcohol for young people.

Ring Release My Super for assistance to access superannuation for drug and alcohol rehab 1300 090261

You can release superannuation savings to pay for drug and alcohol treatment and rehab.

Call Release My Super for assistance 1300 090 261.